Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pydev and SoC 2006

It's official: Pydev will have a student working on Google's Summer of Code!!

Sean Handley will be working mainly on some debugger features and in the code-completion engine, doing some long time requested features.

I'll be mentoring him, so, we'll see how that goes -- I'll keep you informed ;-)

Sean will be working on a branch so that we can manage to work both without stepping on each other's toes, and I'll synch that branch to the HEAD from time to time. I know it'll probably be more work, but I hope it will be easier to manage things this way.

It was also pretty nice to see that pydev had a good support from the PSF (otherwise it would surely not get a project approved at the SoC -- and even better: it was among the top of those approved projects, which is quite an achievement given the number of good proposals submitted).

So, that's it... let the work begin ;-)

p.s. It's something very strange to me, being a part of the SUMMER of Code, since it's damn cold (at least for me) here in the south of Brazil! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww... well it's pretty cold here in the UK, too :-) British Summertime is probably nothing compared to Brazilian!

I'm looking forward to working with you on PyDev. Should be in for some fun times.

All the best,

Sean Handley.